- Unit Elections
- Keep in touch with chapter Unit Election chairmen.
- Provide information and training from National for Unit Elections.
- Keep records of all Unit Elections in lodge.
- Maintain accurate and current records through Lodgemaster.
- Prepare membership reports for review at the monthly LEC meeting.
- Complete and carry out all necessary awards and recognitions.
- Keep track of and organize lodge awards and recognitions.
- Conducts the New Member Orientation meeting with the Lodge Chief or his designee.
OA Troop/Team Representative
- Attend, conduct, and/ oversee proper training as it becomes available or necessary.
- Contact chapter chiefs for chapter OA Troop Representative.
- Create and maintain a database of OA Troop Representatives inside all troops from the Chapter OA Troop Representatives.
- Staffing health lodge and first aid stations.
- Encourages safe practices, and proper reporting accidents.
- Follow the Guide to Safe Scouting and National Accredited Camp Standards, and other scouting guidelines.
- Plan menus for lodge functions.
- Prepare all food for lodge functions, meeting current health standards.
- See to the chapter chiefs sent members to assist in preparing and serving meals.
- Seek methods to improve food quality and service.
- Maintain clean conditions in the kitchen and chapters maintain cleanliness in the dining hall.
- Contact chapters to provide support for kitchen staff.
- Plan and conduct Sunday Chapel service.
- Have a prayer said at all meals.
- Contact chapters to have help with Sunday chapel service.
- Oversee and maintain the museum and its inventory.
- Advertise new designs of memorabilia.
- Staff the museum as needed.
- Plan and conduct an annual Lodge Leadership Development (LLD) course.
- Plan and carry out other training sessions as requested.
- Plan and carry out the ordeal for ordeal candidates in accordance to national regulations and standards.
- Oversee the training and existence of an Elangomat corps for OA Service Weekends.
- Contact chapter chiefs for volunteers for Elangomat corps.
- Inform and encourage candidates to take Brotherhood.
- Provide a successful Brotherhood program.
- Form a committee for electing Vigil candidates.
- Contact Chapter Vigil Honor committees for chapter nominees.
- Plan and carry out an effective Vigil program according to national regulations and standards.
- Perform ceremonies according to national regulations and standards.
- Schedule practices for Ceremonies Team as needed.
- Promote NOAC and Conclave competitions.
- Work with Service and Brotherhood committees during service weekends for timing purposes.
- Plan and carry out dances at Lodge functions as appropriate.
- Oversee the crafting of authentic Native American Indian clothing and regalia.
- Demonstrate and compete as available and requested.
- Contact Chapters and Districts for demonstrations and serve as contact for interested Arrowmen to join.
- Oversee all lodge service projects.
- Trail Crew
- Service and maintain trails on council property and any other trails as designated.
- Maintain an inventory and proper storage of equipment used by the Trail Crew.
- Coordination of events, forms, schedules, and double-knot for Fall Fellowship, Conclave, NOAC, OAHA, National Day of Service.
- Maintain high morale in the lodge at all lodge functions.
- Carry out a plan to win the Section’s Spirit Award.
- Plan and carry out a theme for Conclave.
- Create flyers and promotional material for any and all events necessary.
- Update the “Where to go Camping Guide”.
- Inform the Lodge and submit a Tom-Tom article about council camping opportunities.
- Maintain the Lodge website.
- Maintain Twitter, Facebook, etc.
- Advertise for upcoming events and opportunities at the National, Regional, Sectional, and Lodge levels.
- Research and trial run new forms of social media for the lodge to use.
Secretary (formerly Lodge Publications)
- Take minutes of all Lodge Executive Committee meetings other meetings designated.
- Share minutes with all Lodge Executive Committee members.
- Keep the lodge rules in order and reviewed annually by the Lodge Executive Committee.
- Present changes of lodge rules to LEC and general members
- Publish Handbook Insert and provide national, regional, sectional, and lodge information.
- Manage and share Best Practices of committees.
- Publish the Lodge newsletter; The Tom-Tom.
- Contact Chapter communications chairmen and Chapter reporters for articles for the Tom-Tom.
- Research marketing strategies that Lodge could use in the future.
- Promote and advertise for upcoming Lodge events.
- Ensure the Nawakwa brand is upheld in all products and services that are done.
- Draw up the annual budget based on committee and chapter budget requests.
- Give current reports of the status of the Lodge’s assets at each Lodge Executive Committee meeting.
- Upon receiving approval from the lodge, review all Chapter and other Lodge committee requests for financial support.
- Trading Post
- Promote proper scholarships.
- Plan presentation and distribution of grants.
- Run the Camp Trading Post.
- Maintain an accurate inventory.
- Request designs for new memorabilia and regalia..
- Find and promote fundraising opportunities for the lodge.
- Suggest opportunities for committees and chapters to fundraise.